So is Tony Hwang!
Connecticut has a reputation of being hostile to job creation. High taxes, high costs, and a burdensome regulatory environment make Connecticut a tough place to do business. Jobs are scarce, and businesses are closing.
- Connecticut has the 5th worst business climate in America (CNBC)
- Connecticut has the 3rd highest state and local tax burden in America (Tax Foundation)
- In 2013, Connecticut had the worst economic performance in America (Bureau of Economic Analysis)
We need state government to empower businesses to grow the economy and create high-value jobs. Tony Hwang has a proven record of empowering an supporting our businesses, including most recently eliminating outdated regulations, investing in bioscience, and advancing manufacturing education.
Tony will support legislation that will:
- Reduce and eliminate regulatory mandates and red tape on businesses
- Control state spending, thereby reducing the tax burden on businesses and consumers
- Invest in transportation infrastructure and education to prepare Connecticut residents for the jobs and businesses of tomorrow